Sorry for the delay in sending you this recap.
First, we reviewed ways to improve optimization including:
– consistency with content, language, trigger words, images, logos
– use the voice of the customer
– unique value propositions
– keep it simple
– good scent with consistent cues (location, graphics, offer, color, shape)
– reinforce offer
– appeal to multiple personas
Humanistic – personal; look at social pages for reviews and input
Methodical – business-like; want all the details
Competitive – power oriented; want it quick
Spontaneous – personal; look for a good offer
Next, we reviewed a number of sites:
Good examples included: zappos, American Metal Roofs, CPO Milwaukee Power Tools
Poor examples included: Bay Verte, Fastenal, Complete Electric, Northern Electric
Best Practices for talking to customers about optimization:
– use personal experience of shopping on their sites; tell them what is good and what needs to be improved
– research a number of sites in your customer’s industry and talk to them about how they differ from their competitors
– tell them you recently attended a training on web optimization and learned a number of things to share
Thanks for your input.
Knowledge is Power in the Field.